I joined the Netball club at my university. Honestly before joining I had no idea what netball was..I thought it was something like volleyball. I've never been very good at sports...or at least that’s what i used to tell myself. Whenever I would play any sports, people would make fun of me, and give me comments like "You look funny when you run" -.- even though i was fast .. That really shrank my self-confidence in playing sports .. and the fact that i was a bit chubbier than the other people around me didn't help. But I decided that I want to change myself, and become more self confident, healthier, and try new things. So when i heard of the Netball club, I thought "mm why not?"
The first day went well .. actually I loved it! I felt very comfortable playing it, and I've never felt this comfortable playing any other sport :) At first I was a bit intimidated when I saw how good the others were, but then everyone was very supportive and I understood the game pretty quickly. The shocking part for me was other girls would come up to me, introduce themselves, then tell me "I'm soo jealous, you have an amazing body!" Fo realz?! :D :D Not a lot of people tell me that, so thank you ^^ . Feels awesome being complimented doesn't it? :P . I accidentally got hit in the eye, and my contact lens popped out.. So I was half blurry eyed :P but that didn't stop me from playing, or kicking ass :P
I think this made me get over some insecurities I had with sports, so I'm definitely going to continue with it :) and maybe play some other sports too. So what’s next? Football? Volleyball? Basketball? We'll see

No comments:
Post a Comment